8 March 2022
Partnerships Account Executive
Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week
Accountable to: Partnerships and Audience Manager
Salary: £25,000 – £30,000 DOE
Start date: Tuesday 19th April
The Day is an independent, online, subscription-based news publication for schools, focussing on the big global issues beneath the headlines. Our stories are a proven cross-curricular resource published at five different reading levels for ages 5 to 19. We believe a questioning mindset is life’s most important skill and our mission is to inspire the citizens of tomorrow.
Work closely with the Partnerships and Audience Manager to create and develop business opportunities via partnerships, sponsorship and any new products. To deliver new brand experiences as a result of these partnerships that engage existing customers or attract new audiences, driving brand recognition and growth for the business. The Day is looking to increase its impact and reach by raising income and support from new partnership projects, sponsorship of our editorial and annual Global Young Journalist Awards, and potentially new revenue streams.
The Partnerships Account Executive will play a key role in engaging with a range of corporate, charity, government and not-for-profit organisations, maintaining great relationships and looking for new opportunities to ensure growth in the value of partnerships both financially and non-financially.
Work closely with the Partnerships and Audience Manager to:
- Generate revenue from partnerships, sponsorship and any new business opportunities outside of school subscriptions, whilst protecting The Day’s reputation for impartial, quality journalism.
- Develop The Day’s events programme, securing event sponsorship and delivering first-class content for teachers and students worldwide, attracting new audiences.
- Manage all of The Day’s events, which currently includes the Global Young Journalist Awards and may include webinars and teacher CPD events. Work with marketing to plan, write and execute comms associated with the events.
- Run the day-to-day management of partnership projects which may include editorial sponsorship, events, learning programmes, training, research or advertising campaigns. Help with the promotion of these brand experiences to our worldwide audience of teachers and students, via our digital channels and external media and partners.
- Help to launch and develop an affiliate marketing programme for key education influencers to help drive brand recognition.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of a partner CRM database on Spirit.
- Support with The Day’s PR and LinkedIn strategies, helping to create content that drives awareness and recognition amongst potential partners.
- Write high quality external communications documents, including sponsorship marketing materials as required.
- Help develop ideas for new revenue streams outside of school subscriptions, such as a new data business that monetises insight into young people.
- Create market research to help The Day understand its audience and improve its service. Supporting Partnerships, Sales and Editorial with relevant audience insight reports.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Knowledge of the education sector
- Experience of working in cross-departmental teams or structures to deliver projects, especially events and webinars
- Experience of maximising opportunities from researching prospects to generating meetings, and securing income to achieve sales targets
- Copywriting experience / journalism experience
- Research experience is an advantage
- Would suit former agency account executive / account manager
- Swift responsiveness to queries and requests
- Confidence in dealing with corporate partners
- Good negotiation skills
- Great communication, listening and teamwork skills
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Professional manner
- Commercial acumen and an awareness of how your work supports our wider business objectives
- Willingness to contribute ideas and work on own initiative
- Understanding of and attention to the daily content of The Day
- Excellent process and organisation skills
- Willing to accept responsibility and opportunities appropriate for the role
- Motivated by the opportunity to support The Day’s mission
- Desire to improve and good habits of learning
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter explaining why you would be a great candidate for this role, to: Rachel Watson-Steward email@example.com by Tuesday 22nd March.
Getting in touch
We currently employ a dedicated and friendly team working from home with no geographical limits, including editors, writers, graphic artists, membership executives, marketing and accounts staff. You are welcome to express an interest in any of these roles. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org including a short message and an up to date CV.