Build the Change Tuesday:
Build for Birds Competition
Terms & Conditions | January 2024
Managed by The Day in partnership with the LEGO® Group
- The competition is only open to UK residents aged 7-14.
- The competition closes on 5th March 2024 at 23:59. Any submissions made after this date will not be considered for entry to the competition.
- Although students’ work can be submitted to the entry platform regardless of age, to be eligible for the competition students need to be between 7 and 14. We will contact potential winners to verify their age with a teacher/guardian before awarding prizes.
- Students’ creations will be displayed in a public-facing gallery, and The Day and the LEGO® Group can use this creation to showcase children’s creativity.
- Entries must be submitted on behalf of the young person by an adult over the age of 18. The adult must have created an online account with our platform: https://theday.awardsplatform.com/ using their own email address to upload a photo of the young person’s design to the platform along with an optional brief description written in English (max 250 words).
- Two winners will be selected by a panel of judges.
- The Day will contact potential winners via the email used to create the online account, therefore by creating an online account for this competition you have consented for The LEGO Group or The Day to contact you regarding the competition.
- The Day will verify the age of the student and if that student is not proven to be 7-14 then a different winner will be chosen.
- The Day reserves the right to request proof of age as well as a parent’s or guardian’s consent.
- Entries can be drawn, use creative materials or LEGO bricks.
- Between 6th March 2024 and 12th March, representatives from The Day and the LEGO Group will shortlist the entries down to 10 possible winners.
- Then between 13th March and 20th March, our judging panel will score each entry against our judging criteria to define our two overall winners.
- If after emailing three times between 21st March and 28th March, the winner’s contact has not responded to confirm the entrant’s age and school contact details, The Day reserves the right to allocate the winning prizes to another entrant.
- Entries will only be considered when submitted via https://theday.awardsplatform.com/
- The Day aims to announce the winners in March at the latest.
- The entry submission must be the entrant’s own original work and not defame nor breach any copyright or contain anything that could be deemed offensive or inappropriate. Entries that contain foul, abusive or inappropriate content will be disregarded.
- The Day and the LEGO Group reserve the right to change any competition deadlines or rules, or cancel the competition at any stage if deemed necessary at its own discretion.
- The Day and the LEGO Group cannot be held responsible for any unforeseen events relating to the competition having to be cancelled or delayed.
Access our News Detectives: Build the Change articles for even more sustainability inspiration!
Build the Change Tuesday is our free, weekly sustainability resource for 8 – 13-year-olds, designed for busy teachers looking for a quick, preparation-free activity.
This sustainability resource created in partnership with the LEGO Group and The Day allows students to think critically about, discuss and debate a new sustainability issue every single week. It’s ideal for settling students into the day, and developing reading, comprehension and discussion skills.
Build the Change Tuesday is a sustainability resource brought to you by The Day and the LEGO Group which forms part of our News Detectives programme, a no-fuss daily dip into the news for ages 8 – 13. A different theme every day of the week.