Quiz: a week in 12 questions + Caption Competition
What’s going on in this photo? Send us your captions please!
How old was chess star Judit Polgár when she beat 15 opponents at once?
What is the Italian name for Father Christmas?
- Santa Nicola
- Babbo Natale
- Kris Kringle
Which 18th-Century scientist is known as the “father of vaccination”?
- Edward Jenner
- Nicholas Jenner
- Brody Jenner
What pharmaceutical company worked with Oxford University on the vaccine?
What Century did King Canute reign?
What did Ilwad Elman do aged just 20 to help people in Somalia?
- Set up a centre to support war victims
- Opened a restaurant in a refugee camp
- Offered free medical aid to children
What states does Yellowstone National Park cover?
- Colorado, Utah and New Mexico
- Nebraska, Colorado and Kansas
- Wyoming, Montana and Idaho
Who said, “Progress is made by lazy men looking for easier ways to do things”?
- John Steinbeck
- William Faulkner
- Robert A Heinlein
What percentage of its GDP does France’s government spend?
How many goals did Diego Maradona score in 491 matches?
Who said, “The advantage of a bad memory is that one enjoys several times the same good things for the first time”?
- Immanuel Kant
- Friedrich Nietzsche
- Sigmund Freud
What happened on “Black Tuesday”?
- The Great Depression began
- Pearl Harbour was attacked
- Gangsters kidnapped police in Chicago
Click here to see the answers ...
1b, 2b, 3a, 4b, 5b, 6a, 7c, 8c, 9a, 10b, 11b, 12a