Quiz: a week in 12 questions + Caption Competition
What’s going on in this photo? Send us your caption ideas, please!
According to traditional Chinese medicine, what is Qi?
- Another word for the third eye
- A person’s sense of physical pain.
- The human life force
Why has Professor Jessica Krug made a public apology?
- She faked her degree certificates
- She pretended to be black
- She wrote a book with plagiarised facts
Which piece of nutritional advice does Tim Spector reject as “marketing”?
- “Eat your five a day”
- “Get a balanced diet”
- “Breakfast is the best meal of the day”
What is unusual about Kurt, a foal born in Texas last month?
- He is a completely new breed of horse
- He is the first cloned horse
- He is the smallest horse ever born
What is the name of the spacecraft currently mapping the Milky Way?
In what Chinese province was Disney’s controversial Mulan filmed?
How big is the Thwaites Glacier?
- 12,000 square miles
- 53,000 square miles
- 74,000 square miles
Who said, “The secret of happiness is not found in seeking more but in developing the capacity to enjoy less.”
What colour is the submarine currently studying the base of the Thwaites Glacier?
What name have some scientists given to the current geological age?
What is the name of the digital pet released in 1996?
A man in France accidentally blew up part of his house last week. What was he doing?
- Using electric swatter to attack a fly
- Testing a new camping stove
- Watching television in the bath
Click here to see the answers ...
1c, 2b, 3c, 4b, 5a, 6a, 7c, 8a, 9a, 10b, 11a, 12a