Quiz: a week in 12 questions + Caption Competition
This dog seems unfazed by taking a stormtrooper for a walk. Is he barking mad?
When did the World Health Organisation declare the virus a global emergency?
- 10 March
- 30 January
- 2 April
What do the countries most successful at fighting the virus have in common?
- National health services
- Hot climates
- Women leaders
What is the capital of Uzbekistan?
Which of the following theories is believed by the former US National Security Advisor?
- Coronavirus came from space
- Coronavirus came from a Chinese lab
- Coronavirus came from a mushroom
The government says the UK economy will shrink this year. By how much?
Who did Piers Morgan describe as “whiny little brats”, last week?
- The EU commissioners
- Premier League footballers
- Meghan and Harry
What is inscribed on the Statue of Liberty?
- Give me your poor, your huddled masses
- The land of the free
- God bless America
What did Stephen Hawking compare to the “mind of God”?
- The Universe
- The laws of nature
- The theory of everything
What does the word “scapegoat” come from?
- A goat that escapes
- A goat banished into the wilderness
- A goat wearing a red cape
Who said the virus “doesn’t care how rich you are”, from her bath scattered with rose petals?
- Taylor Swift
- Lady Gaga
What is a zoonotic disease?
- One that is not related to animals
- One that sweeps through a zoo
- One that jumps from animals to humans
What did Tom Hanks send to a boy called Corona?
- A t-shirt
- A typewriter
Click here to see the answers ...
1b, 2c, 3a, 4b, 5c, 6c, 7a, 8c, 9b, 10c, 11c, 12b