Quiz: a week in 12 questions + Caption Competition
“They said it was steep, but…” Send us your captions, please!
Why did Ozzy the cat hit the headlines last week?
- For getting legally married to a dog
- For swimming the channel
- For costing £20,000 in legal fees
What is the name of the deadly virus from China?
Roughly how many Jews were killed by the Nazis?
- Six million
- 60 million
- 600 million
What smell does one collector want to preserve for future generations?
- Napoleon’s boots
- Books in a cathedral library
- Rare roses
What did one MP describe as letting “the fox into the hen house” this week?
- Letting North Korea enter the Olympics
- Letting a Russian buy MacDonalds
- Letting Huawei build a phone system
What is it called when you keep your feelings under right control?
What happens at the Sámi market at Jokkmokk?
- Lapland herders sell their reindeer
- Swedish women sell yoghurt
- Danish fishermen sell caviar
What is the first known pet in history?
- A rat
- A puppy
- A kitten
What word best describes China’s government?
- A monarchy
- An oligarchy
- An autocracy
How much wealth do the top 1% have?
- As much as he poorest 2.3 billion
- As much as the poorest 6.9 billion
- As much as the poorest 4.6 billion
Who does the Mystic Lamb represent?
Who announced they would retire today?
- Donald Trump
- The actress who voices Peppa Pig
- Gwyneth Paltrow
Click here to see the answers ...
1c, 2b, 3a, 4b, 5c, 6b, 7a, 8b, 9c, 10b, 11a, 12c