Quiz: a week in 12 questions + Caption Competition
A traditional Hungarian guard dog, known as a Komondor. Captions?
The prime minister, Theresa May, said that she wants to build “a fairer Britain that works for everyone, not just…”
- “The privileged”
- “The few”
Donald Trump’s Republican Party is about to cut America’s corporate tax. It is currently 35%. What will it become?
According to a poll by the
Mail on Sunday, what proportion of people in Britain want a second EU referendum?
- One quarter
- One half
How did former Yemeni president Ali Abdullah Saleh once describe running his country?
- “Conducting an orchestra of lies”
- “Singing for a swarm of wasps”
- “Dancing on the heads of snakes”
What did the UN describe as a “planetary crisis” this week?
- Rising global temperatures
- The amount of plastic in oceans
- The spreeading of fake news
Which website has hired 10,000 new “reviewers” to remove inappropriate content?
Which city has been attacked 52 times, besieged 23 times and destroyed at least twice?
Google’s designs for its new UK headquarters made headlines this week. Why?
- It is made entirely out of wood
- It is a 330m long “landscraper”
- It is taller than the Shard
Those who spoke out about sexual abuse were named Time magazine's “person of the year”. Who came second?
- Mark Zuckerberg
- Donald Trump
Yesterday the value of bitcoin hit $15,000. What was one bitcoin worth at the start of 2017?
What winds are driving the wildfires in Southern California?
- Santa Fe winds
- Santa Ana winds
- Santa Maria winds
What is Australia’s little-known word of the year for 2017?
- Mozzy (short for mosquito)
- Fozzie (a badly dressed person)
- Kwaussie (a portmanteau of Kiwi and Aussie)
Click here to see the answers ...
1a, 2a, 3b, 4c, 5b, 6c, 7a, 8b, 9c, 10b, 11b, 12c