Welcome to The Day, a daily current affairs service for schools. Every weekday, we publish six news articles and features which are specially designed to help teachers get students thinking about the world around them.
Once you’ve joined The Day, here are a few ways to help spread the word and make sure you get the most out of your subscription...
- Sign up to our Daily Headlines email. to get all the latest stories each school day. Encourage other teachers and parents to sign up so that no one misses out.
- Set your school computers up with automatic access so that there is no need to remember passwords. Ask your IT department if they can provide us with an IP address that is unique to your school. If that is not possible we can send you a link for your VLE/Intranet that will automatically log users in.
- Email the teachers, students and parents in your school community to introduce them to the service and share your whole school login details. This will ensure that everyone can access the site in school or at home. (Feel free to copy and paste the template below.)
- Remember that The Day writes articles that are relevant to the whole curriculum, from English to Politics to Science. Get in touch with other Heads of Departments to help champion the resource. If they agree, please provide us with their contact details so we can provide whole school support. Check your school’s usage reports to find out which departments are already using The Day regularly.
- You can also set up an RSS feed of The Day on your VLE or Intranet. The stories will then automatically update daily.
- Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Download and print posters with tips on using The Day in classrooms here. You will also find our logos for use on your VLE or elsewhere.
- Remember, if you need any help our support staff is always on hand to answer questions. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 300 7316.
Download and print this checklist to make sure you don’t forget anything!